The Kerrville Area Chamber of Commerce and the League of Women Voters – Kerrville Area are hosting a debate tonight, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., at the Schreiner University student center, featuring State Board of Education District 5 candidates Ken Mercer (incumbent, Republican, San Antonio), Rebecca Bell-Metereau (Democrat, San Marcos), Mark Loewe (Libertarian, Austin), and Irene Meyer Scharf (Green Party, Helotes).
- Achievement School District SB1718 fails on point of order
- Coverage of charter school bill SB2 passing Texas House last week
- Achievement School District SB1718 scheduled for Tuesday vote; please call Reps. Villarreal and Rodriguez
- Singer-songwriter Owen Duggan to perform at Landa Gardens this Saturday morning
- Charter school bill SB2 passes Texas House
San Antonio Mom Blogs