The State Board of Education granted these Generation 17 charter applications today:
- BASIS (San Antonio)
- Pro-Vision Academy (Houston)
- C.O.R.E. Academy (Houston)
- Village Tech Schools (Duncanville/Dallas)
- International Leadership of Texas (Dallas)
- Great Hearts Academy (San Antonio)
- Dallas Scholars Charter School
- Ben Yehuda Academy (San Antonio)
The board denied applications from Center for Teaching and Learning (6-7 vote) and Polaris Public School (6-6 vote).
For more information, see @TEAinfo or “Texas State Board of Education Awards New Charters”, Texas Charter Schools Association, November 16, 2012.