Of all the “Generation 17” charter school applications received by the Texas Education Agency, only these are still “Under Review”:
- ACE (A Choice for Excellence) Charter School. Sponsored by Palm Tree Academy, a private school at the Islamic Center of El Paso
- BASIS San Antonio.
- Ben Yehuda Academy. San Antonio
- Bridge to Tomorrow. Allen (north of Dallas)
- C.O.R.E. Academy
- Center for Teaching and Learning. Montgomery County (north of Houston)
- Dallas Scholars Charter School
- Great Hearts Academy – San Antonio
- High Point Academy. Fort Worth; see “County medical examiner among Fort Worth applicants for charter school”, Eva-Marie Ayala, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, March 5, 2012.
- International Leadership of Texas (ILT)
- Iwin Preparatory. Terrell (east of Dallas); will lease space from Terrell First Assembly of God
- Polaris Public School
- The Pro-Vision Academy. Houston
- Village Tech Schools. Duncanville (south of Dallas), sponsored by Duncanville Church of Christ
This fall, the State Board of Education will interview the applicants before voting on which charters to grant. Want to take action? Contact your SBOE member (Michael Soto or Ken Mercer) to express support for your preferred applicant.