- “IDEA Public Schools wins $29 million in the Race to the Top District Competition”, IDEA Public Schools news release, December 11, 2012.
- “Arne Duncan Picks 16 Race to Top District Winners”, Michele McNeil, Politics K-12 blog (Education Week), December 11, 2012.
- “Two Texas charter schools named Race to the Top winners” , Maria Luisa Cesar (with Lindsay Kastner), San Antonio Express-News, December 12, 2012.
- “IDEA, Harmony charter schools win coveted federal grant”, Kate Alexander and Melissa B. Taboada, Austin American-Statesman, December 11, 2012.
- “Two Texas Charter Schools Win Race to the Top Grants”, Morgan Smith, Texas Tribune, December 11, 2012.
- “Harmony charter school system wins federal “Race to the Top” education grant”, Richard Dunham, Texas on the Potomac blog (Houston Chronicle), December 11, 2012.
- “Two Texas public charter schools win Race to the Top-District competition”, Texas Charter Schools Association news release, December 11, 2012.
- “NAPCS Congratulates recipients of the Race to the Top District Grant”, Kristin Yochum, The Charter Blog (National Alliance of Public Charter Schools), December 11, 2012.
IDEA and Harmony are based in Texas and have campuses in San Antonio. These two charter management organizations are the only Race to the Top winners from Texas.
One other charter school system, KIPP DC, also won a Race to the Top grant.