The State Board of Education‘s Committee on School Initiatives is sometimes also called the “charter school committee” because one of their responsibilities is voting on charter school applications.
The committee meets Thursday, January 31 (agenda). Here is the list of committee members:
- Mavis B. Knight (D-Dallas) is a veteran of the Committee on School Initiatives
- Donna Bahorich (& campaign) (R-Houston)
- Ruben Cortez Jr. (& campaign) (D-Brownsville)
- Marty Rowley (& campaign) (R-Amarillo)
- Barbara Cargill (& campaign) (R-The Woodlands) is also SBOE chair
My earlier post lists the full board.