Peter Bezanson, President of Great Hearts Texas, recently sent out an email newsletter including information about potential locations in San Antonio:
For our 2014-15 opening, we are in the process of negotiating a long-term lease for a facility that is in/near the north Downtown/Monte Vista/Tobin Hill area. We are also considering locations in the NE and NW areas of San Antonio. Any of these three locations could be the location of our first campus. Our strong preference, though, is to open the first school in the north downtown region and the next two in NE and NW areas of town in order to meet the clear demand demonstrated from these communities in our location survey results.
We hope to make a major facility announcement late this summer, and to begin holding monthly informational meetings at the site of the Great Hearts San Antonio campus #1!
An earlier post with information about the location survey.
- Story on Joel Malkin, Great Hearts alumnus and Dartmouth co-valedictorian (see my earlier post)
- News that Great Hearts Texas’s Dallas-area charter application (Generation 18) has passed the “Administrative Completeness” phase; more information about charter applications at the Texas Education Agency, and an earlier post mentioning Great Hearts Texas’s 2012 San Antonio-area charter application (Generation 17)
- Statement about balancing technology with classical education
- Announcement of San Antonio-area school leaders David Williams and Stephen Gordon (bios) from Great Hearts Arizona’s Glendale Prep campus
- Job openings for Executive Assistant/Office Manager and Business Analyst for the San Antonio location; contact Aaron Kindel for information
To get Great Hearts Texas newsletters emailed directly to you, sign up for the Interest List on the Great Hearts Texas home page. The newsletters are also linked on the Great Hearts Texas page on Facebook.