Geoffrey Canada founded the Harlem Children’s Zone, a youth program that helps kids and families from early childhood through college, and looks at a range of poverty-related social issues that prevent kids from graduating and succeeding. Canada’s work at HCZ was featured in the movie Waiting for “Superman”.
Canada came to San Antonio recently to speak a San Antonio Area Foundation luncheon. Links:
- “A visit from Superman”, Robert Rivard, Rivard Report, March 20, 2012.
- “Activist Geoffrey Canada Speaks on Education”, Ryan Loyd, Texas Public Radio, March 20, 2012.
- “Assignment: Get involved in education in San Antonio”, Lady Ray Romano, San Antonio Area Foundation blog at mysanantonio.com, April 4, 2012
- Author page at Amazon.com
- Bio at the Harlem Children’s Zone site