- Abby Baerga attends the New Frontiers Charter School in San Antonio. Her father, Christopher Baerga is also a plaintiff.
- Luke Christensen just completed 6th grade at Harmony School of Innovation in San Antonio. His parents, Jason and Sarah Christensen, and sister, Grace Christensen, are also plaintiffs. “Charter school group sues state over money”, Lindsay Kastner, San Antonio Express-News, June 27, 2012.
More coverage of the TCSA lawsuit:
- “Charter schools sue Texas over funding”, Ericka Mellon, K-12 blog (Houston Chronicle), June 26, 2012 (discussing Houston-area plaintiff Brooks Flemister, a KIPP teacher, and son Ulric Flemister, a student at SER-Niños Academy).
- “Texas Charter Schools, Parents Sue State Over Facilities Funding”, Leslie Minora, Dallas Observer (filed under “Edumication News”), June 26, 2012 (quoting Dallas-area plaintiffs Dana Allen and daughter Teal Evelyn Allen, a student at Lindsley Park Community School).
- “Charter schools file finance lawsuit against state”, Alana Rocha, YNN (Your News Now), June 16, 2012 (interviewing the Christensen and Allen families).
- “Charter Schools, Parents to File School-Finance Suit”, Morgan Smith, Texas Tribune, June 26, 2012.
- “Texas Charter Schools and Parents Sue for Their Share of School Funding Bounty”, Patrick Michels, Texas Observer, June 26, 2012 (mentioning San Antonio plaintiff Christopher Baerga).
The TCSA lawsuit is the sixth filed so far; it will likely be consolidated with the other five cases already pending in Travis County District Court. “An Updated Guide to Texas School Finance Lawsuits”, Morgan Smith, Texas Tribune, July 3, 2012.