Finding a school that works for your kids is tough. During a pandemic, it’s more confusing than ever. The good news is that you still have options—and that’s what the 2021 San Antonio Virtual School Fair is all about. On January 30, 2021 schools across San Antonio will log into Zoom from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and host virtual booths, showcasing everything their campuses have to offer and chatting live with parents. There will even be an all-day livestream featuring San Antonio Charter Moms, Families Empowered, SA School Finder, MindshiftED, National School Choice Week, and surprise guest speakers to help parents learn a little bit more about different types of schools and the school search process. The cherry on top? Raffle prizes every hour!
Everything You Need to Know About the 2021 San Antonio Virtual School Fair
Whether you’re interested in a magnet program, a public charter school, or even a dual language private school, the best way to decide whether or not a school is the right fit for your student is to talk one-on-one with someone there. You know your kids better than anyone, and you’ll be able to tell if they’ll get the support that they need. At the 2021 San Antonio Virtual School Fair, rather than scrolling through a library of pre-recorded videos, you’ll be able to chat directly with schools via Zoom. You can ask questions, get more information about what’s important to your family, and fill out an application right then and there.
After an exciting morning of discovering school options and narrowing down choices, parents will have access to free, secure application help with a Families Empowered Family Success Specialist. In a private Zoom conference, they’ll help walk you through each application and will stay by your side until all of your applications are completed—even if you’re applying to a school or campus that wasn’t at the fair! Getting your applications in before school deadlines makes a huge difference in your ability to choose a school that works for your kids.
Making the Most of Open Enrollment
January traditionally marks the peak of application season for pre-K through 12th grade school across Texas, but this year application season looks and feels a whole lot different. We’re all juggling work, socially distanced activities, bills, and making sure that our kids are getting the education they need from their in-person or virtual classes.
One thing remains the same, though: application and enrollment deadlines. These hard dates might have shifted a little, but they’re still a huge part of ensuring that your child is able to attend a school of your choice. We’ve learned, after 11 years and more than 100,000 parents served, that applying to multiple schools and getting your applications submitted by the deadlines are the keys to success when it comes to school choice. By applying to multiple schools that you believe will work for your student, they’re more likely to be offered a seat in a school of your choice.
Access Information at the Virtual School Fair
Through the partnership of organizations throughout San Antonio, the 2021 San Antonio Virtual School Fair is set to ensure that parents have access to the knowledge, resources, and information that they need for their children’s education. It’s a one-stop virtual shop, where you’ll be able to find, talk to, and apply to all kinds of schools around the city. Find the event online at saschoolfair.org, Eventbrite, Facebook, and be sure to register. We can’t wait to see you there!
Charter Moms Chats
Watch Ayla Dehghanpoor, Marketing Manager at Families Empowered, share updates about San Antonio Virtual School Fair with Inga Cotton on Charter Moms Chats on January 7, 2021 at 4 PM Central live on Facebook and YouTube.
Ayla gave a preview of San Antonio Virtual School Fair with Inga on December 2, 2020.
Ayla Dehghanpoor is the Marketing and Communications Manager at Families Empowered. She is a communications professional who specializes in marketing strategy and creative content production. She comes to Families Empowered with a background in print media and spent much of her career at a local lifestyle publishing house and advertising agency in Texas. She is passionate about bringing accurate, quality information to the audiences she serves, and sharing stories that make an impact. She lives in Houston with her husband, Zach, and German Shorthaired Pointer, Parker.
Read More About School Research
- School Choice Guide at San Antonio Charter Moms
- San Antonio Charter Schools App
- “Back to School During a Pandemic: Parents Want Safe and Equitable Education,” Inga Cotton, San Antonio Charter Moms, June 16, 2020
- “Tools for Researching the Best Schools in San Antonio,” San Antonio Charter Moms, February 25, 2020
- “Searching for Charter Schools in San Antonio: What You Can Do in January,” San Antonio Charter Moms, January 17, 2019
- “Experience SAISD Helps Families Learn about San Antonio ISD Schools of Choice,” San Antonio Charter Moms, January 9, 2019
- “Get to Know More Schools at the Families Empowered San Antonio School Connection Fair,” San Antonio Charter Moms, November 8, 2018
- “Back to School with Keep Learning, San Antonio,” San Antonio Charter Moms, August 29, 2018
- “Finding the Right Schools in San Antonio for Your Children – MOMS Club of San Antonio NE Edition,” San Antonio Charter Moms, April 9, 2018
- “South Side School Choice Fair at Compass Rose Academy,” San Antonio Charter Moms, March 20, 2018
- “Notes from the Texas School Choice Week Rally in Austin on January 30, 2015,” San Antonio Charter Moms, February 2, 2015