Three candidates are on the May 11 ballot for two at-large seats on the Southwest ISD Board of Trustees. UPDATE: “Three vie for two seats in Southwest ISD”, Maria Luisa Cesar, San Antonio Express-News, May 1, 2013.
Incumbents Sylvester Vasquez, Jr., Vice-President, and Ida Sudolcan, Secretary, are seeking reelection. Challenger Phillip Vargas is also running. The two candidates who get the most votes will win.
The remaining board members:
- Mike C. Frazier, President; term ends May 2014
- James Sullivan, Jr., Assistant Secretary; term ends May 2015
- Florinda Bernal; term ends May 2015
- Keith Byrom; term ends May 2015
- Yolanda Garza-Lopez; term ends May 2014
More information in this earlier post.