The results are in from yesterday’s runoff primary election. Here are the races we’ve been following:
- Texas Senate District 25: Donna Campbell defeated incumbent Jeff Wentworth in the Republican runoff. “Campbell upsets Wentworth for Texas Senate”, John W. Gonzalez, San Antonio Express-News, August 1, 2012.
- Texas House District 117: Philip Cortez (Democrat) will face incumbent John D. Garza (Republican) in November — one of the few competitive House races this fall. “Fall Has Full Ballot, but Most Races Are Decided”, Ross Ramsey, Texas Tribune, August 1, 2012.
- State Board of Education District 2 (southern Gulf coast): Ruben Cortez Jr. won the Democratic runoff. “Cortez wins Democratic runoff for State Board of Education District 2 seat”, Elaine Marsilio, Corpus Christi Caller-Times, July 31, 2012.
- State Board of Education District 10 (north Austin, Round Rock, Temple): Tom Maynard appears to be leading Rebecca Osborne in the Republican runoff. (See Chronicle article below.)
- State Board of Education District 12 (north Dallas, Plano, McKinney): Geraldine “Tincy” Miller defeated Gail Spurlock in the Republican runoff. “Miller defeats Spurlock in Board of Education race”, Jamie Stengle, Houston Chronicle, August 1, 2012.
On to November!