Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas offers well-rounded, PK–12th grade level options in the greater San Antonio area. Their curriculum emphasizes all areas of academic study, including the arts, physical education, and extensive athletics and extracurricular activities. We have created this enrollment guide to help you learn more about Legacy Traditional Schools in and around San Antonio and take steps to enroll your children. Families can apply online beginning November 1, 2023 to enroll their children for the current school year or the upcoming 2024–25 school year; open enrollment ends on January 17, 2024.
About Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas
The people of Legacy Traditional Schools believe that there is no limit to what a student can achieve with a great education. They have never wavered from their core belief that a strong foundation in reading, writing, spelling, and mathematics is essential to academic success. Currently, more than 25,000 students are benefitting from a Legacy school education across Arizona, Nevada, and Texas.
Legacy Traditional Schools is growing, adding a new campus, Legacy Traditional School—Alamo Ranch, in August 2023. The new 87,000 square-foot facility, located on the Northeast Side, is Legacy’s third campus in the greater San Antonio area. The expansion and transformation of the network’s Texas schools come at a time of increasing challenges and opportunity among San Antonio public schools and overwhelming demand for high-achieving schools.
The Cibolo and Alamo Ranch campuses offer tuition-free pre-K through eighth grade. When completed, the campus will consist of 47 classrooms, offices, a gym, athletic fields, a library, a piano lab, an indoor basketball court and artificial turf field, a commercial kitchen, and a cafeteria. The school will offer:
- Pre-K through 8th grade
- Well-rounded education
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Before- and after-school programs
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Sports and music curriculum tracks
- Competitive after-school sports
The Cibolo and Alamo Ranch campuses join Legacy Traditional School — Basse Primary and Secondary. This PK–12 campus has served students in central San Antonio for over twenty years.
Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas is enrolling students for the current school year and the upcoming 2024–25 school year. This guide will help you learn more about their new and existing campuses in the greater San Antonio area, and take steps to enroll your children.
Public Charter Schools in the Greater San Antonio Area
In 2024–25, Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas will have three campuses in the San Antonio area serving students from pre-K to 12th grade. On their district report card, they earned a C rating; school report cards for each campus are listed below.
- Legacy Traditional School—Alamo Ranch: 13632 Old FM 471, San Antonio, TX 78253 (map); 210-239-2737; grades PK–8; school report card—not rated
- Legacy Traditional School—Basse Primary and Secondary: 1826 Basse Rd., San Antonio, TX 78213 (map); 210-431-9881; grades PK3–12; elementary school report card—not rated & high school report card—rated C
- Legacy Traditional School—Cibolo: 2900 Cibolo Valley Dr., Cibolo, TX 78108 (map); 210-582-2600; grades K–8; school report card—rated C
Download the free San Antonio Charter Schools app for an interactive map that includes Legacy Traditional Schools and more. You can also find campus information about Legacy Traditional Schools (and many other school choice options) in our Guide to Charter Schools in San Antonio.
Enroll at Legacy’s Tuition-Free Charter Schools
Families can apply online to enroll their children at Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas. They can also visit a campus to fill out a paper application. Applications for the 2024–25 school year begin on November 1, 2023, and open enrollment will conclude on January 17, 2024. Families can still apply after enrollment for available seats or to join the waiting list.
In-person campus tours are available.
We also recommend that you follow these Legacy Traditional Schools accounts on social media:
- Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas on Facebook, Instagram, X (Twitter), and YouTube
- Legacy Traditional Schools—Alamo Ranch on Facebook
- Legacy Traditional School—Basse Primary and Secondary on Facebook
- Legacy Traditional School—Cibolo on Facebook
- Legacy Traditional Schools on Facebook, Instagram, X (Twitter), YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Vertex Education on LinkedIn
In addition, please join the San Antonio Charter Moms discussion group on Facebook to post questions and search previous discussions about Legacy Traditional Schools.
Life at Legacy
Legacy Traditional Schools have a track record of academic achievement and tremendous community support. Each year, Legacy takes tremendous pride in helping students reach greater academic growth than the state average student growth projections year-over-year. Even more impressive, Legacy’s academic performance continues to be far-reaching, as the network continues to expand throughout diverse student communities and income levels.
Each year, families make a critical decision in choosing the right school for their children. By choosing Legacy, families are placing their trust in Legacy teachers and staff, whose hard work and dedication ensure a high level of instruction is afforded to more than 25,000 students across all Legacy schools. We encourage families to take a closer look at Legacy Traditional Schools to see if one of their campuses is the right place for your child to learn and grow.
Charter Moms Chats
As a native Texan, Dr. Mechiel Rozas has spent her life serving children and families of our great state. Her commitment to children, along with her passion for learning, literacy, and expansion of innovative programming continues to influence students and teachers alike. Her positive influence has been demonstrated as a classroom teacher, instructional coach, PK–12 principal, district director, and currently as the proud Superintendent of Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas.
Read More About Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas
- “Cibolo school hosts 9/11 remembrance ceremony, remembers fallen first responders,” Tiffany Huertas, KSAT, September 11, 2023
- “Christopher Turner appointed principal of Legacy Traditional School-Cibolo,” Jarrett Whitener, Community Impact, September 7, 2023
- “Legacy Traditional School – Cibolo completes campus,” Jarrett Whitener, Community Impact, January 11, 2023
- “Charter Moms Chats — Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas, With Mechiel Rozas,” YouTube, November 15, 2022
- “Charter Moms Chats — Leadership At Legacy Traditional Schools—Texas, With Mechiel Rozas,” YouTube, June 30, 2022
- “Charter Moms Chats — Legacy Traditional Schools Texas, With Tamela Harris And Alan Seay,” YouTube, January 18, 2022
- “Legacy Traditional Schools Announces New 87,000 square-foot Pre-K through 8th Grade Campus in Cibolo, Texas,” PRWeb, November 10, 2021
- “San Antonio’s School of Excellence to rename as Legacy Traditional Schools,” PRWeb, August 5, 2021
- “Legacy Traditional Schools takes top spot in Arizona top-10 charter school ranking,” Victoria Harker, Chamber Business News, April 27, 2021
- “Charter Moms Chats — School of Excellence In Education, With Myeisha Haywood And Tamela Harris,” YouTube, April 22, 2021
- “Guide to Enrolling at the School of Excellence in Education for 2021–2022,” San Antonio Charter Moms, April 22, 2021